Wednesday 20 June 2012

Deirdre the Curator

I am, at the moment, seeing what it is like to be a curator of an exhibition. It was an opportunity provided to me through the Mission Gallery and Jamie Hill partnership and also because I expressed an interest in knowing more about exhibitions and how they happen.


So far it has been a relatively stress-free experience and has been quite exciting too. All the artists that I invited accepted and are submitting really exciting pieces for the space!


I currently have less than two weeks to get a catalogue together and to arrange the installation of the show - and to decide what work to put in myself! I think that is the hardest part - it would be really great to make a new piece for this show but it just isn't feasible at the moment. The glass department is closed for the summer as they are starting construction work on the new extension. So I have to use something I made earlier.


Today I plan on writing the press release/catalogue intro, my own artists statement and choose what pieces to put in, all this amongst bringing the cat to the vet and decide what to wear for my friend's birthday tonight.


There's just so many distractions!


Oh! Look! It's lunch time!

No comments:

Post a Comment